You can run into the QuickBooks error 15215 while downloading or installing updates for QuickBooks Desktop. Though the error message's text may vary, it is typically brought on by an Internet Explorer (IE) settings issue or a clash with a background-running application. When this error happens, QB won't make any updates. In the worst-case situation, the problem can prevent you from opening QuickBooks. In this article, you’ll get to know the causes of QuickBooks error 15215 and troubleshooting methods to fix it.
A Brief Review of QuickBooks Error 15215
A good internet connection is necessary for QuickBooks to run without interruption. Application faults are brought on by specific internet connectivity problems and QuickBooks inability to connect to the internet. Moreover, you can have QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15270, QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15243, and QuickBooks Error 15241 as a result of problems with your internet connection. QuickBooks immediately shows the error message "Error 15215: Unable to validate digital signature" when you get the error 15215. Experts in QuickBooks have recommended a number of troubleshooting procedures to resolve the 15xxx series of issues; you can discover all of them in the sections that follow.
Causes of QuickBooks Experiences Update Error 15215
- When the connection between the QuickBooks Desktop software and the internet is blocked by third-party firewall software, users have trouble updating payroll. This software might also be antivirus software with a firewall component.
- The majority of the broadband capacity is used by some download manager applications, such as Internet Download Manager, which results in QuickBooks Desktop error 15215.
- Another factor that causes QuickBooks to display error code 15215 is the failure to launch the application using a Windows administrative account.
Method To Fix The QuickBooks Error 15215
Method 1: Reboot Your Computer in Clean Boot Mode
- To launch the Run box, simultaneously press the Windows key and the letter R.
- In the text field, enter the command "MSConfig" after typing it.
- Go to the General tab and select Selective Startup.
- Uncheck the option for Load Startup Items.
- Check the box next to Hide all Microsoft Services under the Services tab.
- Choose the Disable All option now.
- Re-enter the Startup tab and choose Open Task Manager.
- Right-click now to stop all startup programmes.
- Restart your computer after pressing the OK button.
- If you see the same update error 15215 when attempting to upgrade QuickBooks Payroll once more, proceed to the next step.
Method 2: Change the Settings in Internet Explorer
- If QuickBooks Desktop is currently operating on Windows, close it.
- Type "Internet Settings" into the search field after clicking the Start button.
- From the menu of choices, select Internet Options.
- Look for TLS choices by descending the Advanced tab.
- Verify that the Use TLS 1.0 checkbox is selected and the Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 choices are not selected.
- Click Apply, then OK.
- Try again to run the payroll update after restarting Windows.
Get instant help from our experts
If your error disappears after restarting your computer in clean boot or selective startup mode, this means that one of the security applications is interfering with QuickBooks' ability to connect to the internet. After upgrading the payroll, ensure to restart your computer normally. You can always contact our error support team at +1-800-615-2347 for assistance if you still have any issues with troubleshooting QuickBooks error code 15215.